Sunday 5 January 2014

#12 - Keeping Up Appearances

I do love vintage clothes, and I do love to look pretty, and my how I adore corsets, stockings, silky dresses, red lipsticks, cinnamon, spice and everything else nice.
But at the end of the day when I have to use my mind and sit in a chair for 48 hours straight I want it loose, practical, cozy and warm.

I want to be able to curl up in my couch or chair. I wan't to be able to scratch my boobies if necessary and basically look as I feel - miserable.

I'm so very sorry if this has ruined an illusion of a vintage diva, but to be honest; I don't belong neither in the category of vintage nor diva. I'm a realist, and for me the dresses, stockings, corsets and vintage aesthetics in general is something that has to be a pleasure, not a chore or a thing I have to do to keep up some sort of appearances.

I wear the feminine and vintage clothes for my own sake; because I like the style, fabric and the idea of wearing something with a history. Not because I want to show a stereotyped and staged image of myself in era that is long-gone.


Basically, this is what I've been wearing the past four days; my not happy face, no bra, sweats, HushPuppies and a tee.

No comments: